Sunday, March 22, 2009

Section C- Applause for Jens :)

I have an exam at 2. LIBERAL ARTS. (No, I'm not doing an PhD in Arts or anything, doing an MBA actually!) But this post isn't about my exams. The past week has been hectic. Weird sleep patterns, weird eating patterns, irritations and lots of studying. In the midst of all this our director decides to have elections- Radical! Out of the blue, a new student leadership for 09-10. Studies came to a stand still, discussions were rampant. Everyone wanted to know who was being nominated and what the next year in SIBM was going to be like. Suddenly, the exams didn't seem like a big anymore (to most of us at least :P)  The elections happened on 20/03. 

The top three candidates for each post were interviewed into the wee hours of the morning. While all this was going on, I took sometime to observe and reflect. I noticed the vast differences in opinion. I noticed how each of us thought and how we justified our decisions and choices. I'm still discovering a lot about my peers here and they never cease to surprise me. I decided to make an idiot out of myself again. Stood for a position that I probably wouldn't win,but just stood to reiterate my commitment to this place and the people here never changed. 

Student Elections are mostly popularity contests and Politics no doubt. That's one thing that's common about them anywhere. While we all were wondering why he voted for her and why she voted for him, there was someone who took time to reiterate that there's still something that we can enjoy here.. the company of our friends and our classmates. Section C or Club C as it's called has been a goofy, smart set of people who're capable of so many things together and Jenifer (Jens or jeny as she's known) is one unique person. I don't think we were ever best of friends or are similar in many ways, but this post is to appreciate her for her thoughtfulness and to remind both the 'Politicians' and the 'Citizens' that there's something about this place we want to remember. Great job jens :) 

3 comments:

  1. Thats really sweet of you Deepika.. Thanks m honoured to b a part of ur blog... :) N best wishes for the elections to u.... Kudos!!! We are with u..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post..!!

    Deepika,, this post could actually go 2 unoffical blogspot of SIBM-B..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah totally agree with you...this club C is one helluva bunch...truly amazing set of people..damn should hav written a story abt club c in lib arts paper today...has a great moral and Mr. Soni definitely wud hav recited it to his grandchildren.

    @Jens..great work...thanx for giving me air time (albeit just a fraction of a second :P )in ur video... but u shud stop telling lies abt me to peeps :P

    Great post

    ReplyDelete